SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ms_payal

Small living room, small rug?

ms_payal
5 years ago

So we moved into a home with a smallish living room. Instead of a formal couch I chose to do 4 chairs. I'm pleased with the chairs overall, especially because I wanted some seating near the windows and some focus on the fireplace. So need input/ideas on the following: 1. We decided to keep the TV on one end opposite the windows but I'd be open to changing that if it seems out of place. I'm kinda okay with it right now. I just dont know what I'd put in it's place cause it would be a bare spot. 2. I really like the rug but it seems small. Do I need something bigger to extend to the chairs by the window or would it solve the problem if I moved the main chairs half on/half off. Could i get a separate rug for the window space? It seems daunting to find something that would match with what we have (I am not the creative/design types clearly) 3. Ideas for cushions. I was thinking reds and yellows to add a pop of color. (P.S. 2 year old in the house. It will likely always be this clean (or messy) depending on how you see it)

Comments (13)