SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greatnorthwest

Feedback - Choosing faucet for smaller than average kitchen sink

A K
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm doing a kitchen remodel soon, and I'm trying to choose between a pull-down or pull-out faucet for my kitchen sink. I have already read articles and postings on the [pros & cons of pull-down vs. pull-out faucets[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/pull-down-vs-pull-out-faucet-dsvw-vd~2508643), so I have a good understanding of the differences. What I'm looking for in this post are well-informed opinions regarding this specific question:

Would a typical pull-down faucet appear overwhelmingly large for a smaller than average sink?

My new undermount kitchen sink's basin will be approximately 24" (side to side) by 17" (front to back), and 9" (deep). I'll probably go with this sink: Elkay Crosstown Stainless Steel Single Bowl Undermount Sink Kit (ECTRU24179RTC). To be clear, this is NOT a small bar sink. It's just smaller than average for a kitchen sink by today's standards. Also, the sink and faucet will be installed in a location where there is plenty of vertical and horizontal space. In other words, I don't have to worry about the height of the faucet or the distance available behind the sink.

I would generally prefer using a pull-down faucet, but I'm concerned that aesthetically it might appear "too big" when paired with a sink that's somewhat less than average size. Pull-out faucets with their lower profile seem to be a better match proportionally for my sink, but I really like the features of the pull-down style more.

Does anyone have a pull-down faucet with a kitchen sink that's close to the size described above? If yes, do you have any regrets with the way that it looks or functions with your sink? If possible, posting pictures of your faucet/small sink setup might really help me solve this dilemma.

Thanks!

Comments (10)