SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cate1337

Pix/feedback: undermount sinks & laminate counters + faucet ?

cate1337
16 years ago

DH and I have settled on Basalt Slate laminate as the most affordable and attractive option for the counter that will hold our sink.

We're happy with that decision, except I would love to have an undermount counter.

I'm hoping some of you who have used systems such as Counter-Seal or Karran can share your pictures and experiences. Specifically, I'd like to see what the inside edge of the laminate counter looks like. Have you been happy with the system? How long have you had it, and would you choose something different next time?

Additional question: I've found what I think is a good price on a dark-colored Silgranite sink that would blend in with the Basalt Slate counter. (If I have to have a drop-in sink, then at least it won't stand out.) However, the faucet can only be put on the back corner of the sink. Our sink will be a single bowl, about 24", centered under our kitchen window.

Do you think it would be weird to have the gooseneck faucet off the the side - essentially beside the cabinets - rather than centered at the middle of the sink and the window?

Thank you for your help. I did searches; unfortunately, I can't pull up any of the threads that might help. Hopefully that's a temporary problem with the site repairs; but, just in case it's not temporary, I thought I'd get my question out there.

Comment