SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbams

What should I put in shade area in front of my house?

Beth D.
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

***Im having trouble uploading the photos :/ Until my phone cooperates you can see them in my albums-‘My House’. Sorry for the incinvenience and THANK YOU!!!!***

I cut down a tree that didn’t belong in the space last year. This is pretty much a blank canvas. any Suggestions you have would be awesome! I need to fill almost the entire shaded space And can take out the few plants there now.

Pics are entire front space not panoramic and I’ve included a map of measurements (drawing not to scale I stink at drawing!). Zone 5b Ph around 7/7.5 (if the meter is working) soil normal-clay-ish and stays moist in the shade, in CO- very dry. Entire area is shade except very brief sun early AM (MAYBE 2 hrs... I’d be hesitant to put a part shade plant in there). I’ve also included a pic of what I did last Year to the rest of the front (minus the tree obviously) and I’m repeating the same thing this year with those spaces.

Any help with ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Shrubs, perennials, annuals, open to anything! Well except super expensive :/ Picked up a bunch of Lily if the Valley thinking it could border the entire 15’ (FYI Costco has AMAZING deals on bulbs!!!!) but I have another space I could put those if you have better Suggestions for this area. THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE!!!!!!

Comments (10)