SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michael_ratliff62

Thoughts on this simple floor plan?

Michael Ratliff
5 years ago

Hello!

So before I get pounced, YES, this is only an “internet floor plan”. I have not yet worked with an architect or a home designer. I’m in the very early stages of planning our home and I wanted to get feedback on this floor plan.

Here is some background: we’ll be building on a hill of our 100+ acre farm with dreamy views. We have two young children and at this point I do not want to be on a separate level, but this will be our forever home so we are also aware we will need a bedroom with full bath downstairs for when the time comes for us to move downstairs. We are trying to be cost effective in this build, and luckily I love the simplicity of a rectanular buIld with a 3 sided wrap around porch with attached garage on 4th side.

So, we’ve been browsing plans and this is the closest we’ve come to something we feel could be a good fit for us. We would “bump” the back corner out and get rid of the screened in porch in order to accommodate a full bathroom downstairs. See attached (VERY ROUGH) Sketch.

I guess what I’m looking for is any feedback on the layout itself. I do realize this is about as basic of a layout as it gets. But does anything stick out that may be a problem? Anything I could be overlooking? Thank you so so much!

Comments (28)