SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karenmoranuk

Finding a discontinued vinyl floor?

Karenmo
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I need a sheet vinyl floor for an 8x12 room. I wasn't finding much that was appealing UNTIL one day I fell in love with a Mannington pattern called Lattice. It's sort of an art deco classic, with a subtle bit of color:

It reminds me of the pattern in the bathroom of my favorite aunt's house, where we lived for a short time when I was small. Good memories!

And it would work well color-wise in the space I have. When I originally saw the sample at my local flooring store in a display of many other Mannington products, including the same Lattice pattern in two additional colors, I was pleasantly surprised, and kept returning to it in my thoughts.

Today I happened to be at another Mannington dealer where it was NOT part of the display, When I inquired about it, the guy called his supplier and learned that it was discontinued. Horrors! I tried to check it on the Mannington website, and the message returned was the classic: 'Sorry! The page you are looking for is not found.' The guy today had asked his supplier who might have any left, with no luck. Of the three colors, only the one I like was discontinued. I am guessing the discontinue action must be relatively recent if the first store still has it in their display, and I thought maybe they might still have some in their supply chain. I dropped a line to the sales staff there to see about it, but haven't heard back.

I'll try calling Mannington tomorrow (if they are open) to see if they have any advice for me. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Might there be some remnant clearinghouse for sheet vinyl!!? This product is 12 feet wide so I only need 8 running feet.

Yes, I know the heyday of sheet vinyl has passed and there are now many other flooring products with truly outstanding qualities. But without going into tedious details, our options are limited for the current application, and sheet vinyl is the best solution.

Comments (5)