SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
francesca_bonaccorsi

HELP! My Dark Engineered Hardwood Floors are Dull, Hazy and Cloudy

SOS! I just moved into a new home and the kitchen and main living area are DARK brown Bruce Engineered Hardwood. The finish on the floor is called “Dura-Luster Plus Urethane”. The floors didn’t look great when I moved in, I’m sure the previous owner wasn’t maintaining them properly. Then I had a move in clean done... I’m almost certain that the floors look even worse after. I told the cleaning crew to use only my Bona Cleaner and Microfiber mop on the floor but I’m not sure if they did.

I went on the manufacturers website and read all about how to restore shine and luster. They recommended Bruce’s Fresh Finish Low Gloss. Home Depot did not carry this so I bought the Bona Low Gloss Polish. I applied it exactly as directions said and did not walk on the floor for 24 hours. Today it looks AWFUL! My entire floor is even more dull and cloudy than before. I’m at loss of what to do and I am reading so many conflicting posts. The manufacturer site says to avoid using any vinegar, chemicals or ammonia based products and a lot of posts I am reading say to remove the polish film this way. I’m sure Engineered Hardwood requires different maintenance techniques than real Hardwood. Has anyone experienced this with their engineered hardwood floors and do you have any tips for me? PLEASE! I’m so bummed.

Comments (9)