SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uscroy

Built in coffee machine maintenance

uscpsycho
5 years ago

One of the big draws to buying an expensive built in coffee machine is fast and easy access to coffee. Like a Keurig on steroids. But after getting mine installed and reading the instructions I was shocked to see that there is A TON of maintenance.

Mine is a Miele but I assume it is similar for all brands. There are some pretty significant jobs that the manual recommends doing weekly (like cleaning the dispenser and brew unit which both require disassembly) and monthly (such as lubricating). This is in addition to descaling and de-greasing which require Miele consumables. I love my machine but I didn't realize it would be so much work.

Anyway, I'm wondering how close you guys keep to this schedule and how much coffee you make? I make 3-4 cups a day. Do you think I need to keep to such a strict schedule? If I do, I might be doing more cleaning than brewing.

I asked the showroom where I bought my appliances how often they clean theirs but it sounds like they don't really do any maintenance other than de-greasing and descaling. But they've also required service calls.

Comments (4)