SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
widdy23

Best whites for Pacific Northwest (Trim and cabinetry)

5 years ago

Hi Houzz Community - I've been obsessing over paint colors for the last few months and reading multiple advice threads, but I still haven't locked down my choices!! I have another week and a half to chose so we can paint prior to moving into our new home. It's important to note we anticipate remodeling the first floor in the next 12-18 months. All the oak cabinetry will be removed and I plan to have a white kitchen with Carrera marble post remodel - and ideally the cabinetry and trim will match, so the decisions I make now will impact my remodel down the line (most of the existing trim is staying, we are just replacing all oak cabinetry).

I want my house to feel sophisticated, yet cozy/inviting at the same time (have 3yo and 1yo). It is a traditional home, but I'd say our style is more transitional. Here in the PNW, we have a lot of dreary days - so despite having a ton of great windows in the home, I don't feel like we are always getting great light. Majority of our windows are facing east (back of home), remainder are west facing (front). Painter works primarily with Sherwin Williams, so I am trying to keep it to them - but if someone feels super strongly elsewise I am open to the suggestion. The current paint is old and I want to freshen/brighten the home up a bit - without making it feel stark!

Currently considering the following:

Pure White or Snowbound for trim/cabinetry

Gossamer Veil, Egret White, Agreeable Grey, Repose Grey or Collonade Grey for majority of walls

Tricorn Black for the stair railing and steps.

(Note: My current home has Accessible Beige walls and Alabaster trim. I feel too many yellow undertones, but I don't want to do cool greys either.)

Attaching a few photos of the house as is (realtor photos with great lighting!) HELP - would love advice!

Imagine this next room with all the existing oak replaced with white cabinetry/trim! This room feels way darker in person without all the photography lighting.

Comments (4)