Authors in person
7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (20)
Related Discussions
trifasciata vs.laurentii: Part.II
Comments (2)That is a way to let us know if it is a hybrid or not. Start a plant from a leaf and see what it looks like Juan Chahihian write about this in his first book. Even N.E. Brown had some questions and didn't known it all then, he was a student and very humble. Michaela you seem to know what you are talking about, have you been working with this Sansevieria for many years. I still haven't figured them out yet, I have learned to wait for the flowers, and wait until a leaf is fully developed and the plant is at least 4-5 yrs. old. This summer I plan to start a new bunch so I have a spare of each one. There is supposed to be an Eilensis for sale on Ebay at this time. I've seen only one adult plant, and sure didn't look like the one being shown. The leaves being round a silver/gray in color But to me I doubt it. I have four S. humiflora from four different well know growers none look the same, this summer they will go into half gallon containers. Many of my species are in flower right now, and I am guessing more will be in Spring. If you have a variegated plant (laurenntii)and want to start more do so by cutting off a growth and leaving at least 3" of the rhizome. Norma...See MoreAEG cooktop repair
Comments (4)So sad.....I spent the day dealing with this. The Canadian company we purchased it from suggested we find a Bosch or Miele service company and see if they would be willing to come evaluate it. Took many phone calls until one would agree but as I told him the symptoms, he said it sounded like the "mother board" equivalent and that I should first see what the cost of the part would be. Called Canada back (why aren't people in the US this nice???) and learned that: 1. the Canadian service guy agreed with the likely diagnosis 2. the part may not even be obtainable 3. it would cost nearly $1400! The service guy said these cooktops almost never need repair after only 9 years and that the new ones are better (of course) and also have less expensive parts. He wasn't the sales person but clearly thought another AEG would be the way to go. As I said, I LOVE my AEG, but there now are other induction cooktops available in the US. Anyone care to weigh in? Certainly being confronted with it taking a day to even get someone to agree to come look at it is sobering. If I buy one here at least it can get serviced. UGH!...See Morelg customer service and manufacturing issue
Comments (4)sorry about the yelling..forgot to turn off the caps...LOL. a service person has determined it to be now repairable. The material that came off was not just flakes of enamel. It is a large chunk of blackened on the outside/blue enamel on the inside...leaving bare metal. the flaw is also on the back of the oven cavity...unless I was slinging sugar around by hand it isn't any food item. And causing the enamel to melt and run and form large chunks seems out of the realm of possibility. I looked up on a manufacturers website what could damage the enamel and hydroflouric acid was about it. It is made to be self-cleaning oven...high heat. The interior shouldn't melt with normal cooking of food. And I also know that I "spilled' nothing. If you look closely at the pictures I took, you can see that the damage extends under the edge of the convection fan in the back of the oven...I couldn't have spilled it there....See MoreNew Fridge: LG or GE or something else?
Comments (9)I had an LG refrigerator in my last house. It worked great and I never had any issues with it. I did replace the seal around the bottom freezer door once. It was about 9 years old when we sold it with our house. I would have taken it with my if it would have fit into the design of the new kitchen. I purchased a new LG for this house and we've been using it for a few weeks. It's a large, counter depth model with a water and ice dispenser in the door. I wasn't interested in the water/ice dispenser as I knew it would take up already valuable space in the refrigerator, but my family really wanted it. It certainly doesn't hold as much as my old model and I haven't been able to keep it as organized as I did the older model. But, I believe these are standard issues with all counter depth models. I didn't even consider a GE as the quality of these refrigerators has really gone down hill since GE has been trying to sold the appliance business....See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

WORLD OF DESIGNA Visit to ‘Out of Africa’ Author’s Stunning Danish Manor
We tour Karen Blixen’s home and take a peek at her life, style and Christmas traditions
Full Story
ORGANIZING‘Tidying Up’ Author Marie Kondo Tells How to ‘Spark Joy’ at Home
A new book from the author of ‘The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up’ delves deeper into her KonMari Method of decluttering and organizing
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDMy Houzz: Author Makes Her Home in a Quiet Corner of Hertfordshire
British novelist Freya North refreshes a dated bungalow to create an idyllic country home for her family
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: See How a Garden Author Brings Nature to the City
Garden designer and author Baylor Chapman shows her love of nature in her San Francisco apartment and deck
Full Story
FUN HOUZZWorld of Design: 10 Unconventional Homes Packed With Personality
Life inside a former church, missile silo or greenhouse? Be it in Japan, Denmark or somewhere in between, not every home begins as a house
Full Story
LIFEHow Will We Live on the Moon? Just Ask ‘The Martian’ Author
In his new book, ‘Artemis,’ Andy Weir geeks out on how homes and cities could one day be built on the lunar surface
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNPersonal Style: 50 Clever Real-Life Kitchen Design Details
Get ideas from savvy homeowners who have a knack for creating kitchens celebrating personal style
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Family Memories and Personal Details in Texas
Newlyweds give their 1940s home some DIY love, opening it up and filling it with upcycled pieces, custom touches and family keepsakes
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN10 Ways to Add Personality to Your Kitchen
Quirky little details, unexpected ingredients and smart styling help give a kitchen its own identity
Full Story
MY HOUZZStylish 800-Square-Foot Home Brimming With Personality
See how the head of merchandising at Palecek transformed his rental apartment with paint, lighting and decor
Full Story
skibby (zone 4 Vermont)