SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_764899042

help with kitchen pendants over island

Sam A
5 years ago
Hi everyone! I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction. We are renovating a house and I’m looking for light fixtures to go over my kitchen island. The ceilings are 8ft tall and everything I like seems to be too big for the ceiling height. The smallest pendant I’ve been able to find that’s the style that I like is 20” tall.

The island is 9x5 and it is centered in front of a 48” range. The hood over the range will be covered with cabinetry. There is no sink in the island.

The kitchen will be pretty neutral... white quartz countertop with some subtle marbling (calacatta Clara from MSI), light grey cabinets and a white backsplash. I would love for the pendants to make a little bit of a statement without taking too much away from the range.

The pendants will be either polished nickel or a champagne bronze color, but I haven’t decided yet. I would consider either. Here are some photos of light fixtures that I like.

Does anyone have some other suggestions or should I just completely give up on this? We have a 9x12 breakfast nook right off of the kitchen so I could do something like this over there and then do something more simple over the island. I just kind of had my heart set on this look. Thanks!

Comment (1)