SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imvc

Best way to fence backyard

ImVC
5 years ago

I'm looking to fence my yard this spring/summer but am running into a dilemma. I really want a fence so I can have a dog. I initially wanted to fence my yard following the green line in the plot plan below (i.e the fence will wrap around the deck), but after getting the land survey and fence quotes done, I have to re-think my plan.

1. I've been quoted anywhere from $8000 - $14000 to install 6ft PVC fence following the green line ( I live in Massachusetts). This is way beyond what I'm comfortable paying.

2. The previous owner most likely built the deck without doing a land survey, because my deck is now only about 2 feet or so from the property corner, so it's just weird to have a 6ft-fence running that close to the deck. I won't even be able to pass through.

Because of these reasons, I'm thinking about just fencing the red area, with possibility of extending it a bit closer to the north end of my property.. This means that the fenced are will be completely separate from the house... Will this look weird? Any other suggestion is appreciated.

Comments (13)