SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopperpicky

DD is looking for opinions on baby daughter's name

amicus
4 years ago

My DD is having a daughter in June, and has been struggling for several months to decide on her name. I'm just asking for a preference between her two favorites, as there isn't a name she hasn't considered, lol! DD has chosen not to ask any family members other than her DH, as she thinks she might feel weird learning who doesn't care for the name she ultimately chooses, knowing none of us would ever reveal we disliked it, if we are never asked. So she asked me to poll my 'forum people' so she'd just have an idea if one of the names was liked way more than the other. She truly likes them both equally, so if one is the much stronger favorite, she says it might make her choice easier!

DD likes Evelynn, (as in Adam and Eve) so 2 syllables, as 'Eve Lynn.' She could call her daughter 'Evie' for short, as a little girl, but her daughter would have the option of being called Evelynn or just Eve, as she gets older. DD also likes Emilia, pronounced like Amelia, but she'd spell it starting with an E. This is because she prefers Emmy over Amy, to use as a short name. (So as a little one, her daughter Evelynn or Emilia, would be called Evie or Emmy.) Her DH likes both names about the same, so can't help her decide either!

Comments (92)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm