SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1nonlyj

Crushin' on Coro Costume Jewelry

IdaClaire
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My office attire consists mostly of pieces that I bought at Talbots (I try to mix and match as much as possible, as sometimes wearing a matching suit feels a bit staid). Lately I've been thinking I need to add a few necklaces to my wardrobe. I have a good deal of very nice Navajo (southwest) silver and turquoise jewelry, but it doesn't mesh well with my corporate threads. I find myself wearing a very delicate little diamond pendant on a very thin chain that belonged to my grandmother, and while it has sentimental value it lacks "punch." I am very drawn to the Coro line of costume jewelry. I think most of it was produced in the 50s-60s (maybe into the 70s as well?), and it's just so darn cheap (I mean, VERY cheap on eBay) and cheerful! I am admittedly not the best - in fact, a little bit self-conscious - about wearing "statement" necklaces, but I also think I want to try. And perhaps adding a few of these pieces to my suits will help. OR -- do you think "cheap and cheerful" actually CHEAPENS a corporate look? See, I told you - I'm not entirely confident about accessories.

This is pretty similar to my usual workplace wear (I know - big yawn):

I own this Coro necklace and wear it often:

I am totally crushing on these:

This one just makes me happy to look at, even in photos:

Of course, these are all "gold tone" or "silver tone", but the fact that they've survived nicely from mid-century is a good sign, no?

Comments (102)