SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blazedog37

What To Do About Toaster Oven

Helen
5 years ago

I am almost finished with my remodel and don't know what to do about my toaster oven.

I have a pretty good Cuisinart Convection Toaster oven which I have been using in lieu of a regular oven during my lengthy remodel as well as for some time before that when my oven had broken and I didn't want to replace prior to my complete remodel.

My "design dilemma" is that I have very limited counter space so the toaster oven takes up a valuable real estate as well as creating not so attractive clutter.

However, I use the toaster oven frequently including for toast (it does a pretty good job) as well as cooking a lot of stuff that might otherwise be cooked in an oven. I live alone so I don't generally cook large quantities of anything unless I am cooking a lot of chicken breasts or roasting vegetables in a large sheet pan.

I hate using the big oven for a small job like reheating a slice of pizza :-) but I also hate having the toaster oven on the counter hogging space and looking ugly.

I realize this is a personal decision but should I bite the bullet and just use the large oven - the amount of energy used to heat the regular oven isn't really a factor since I would be using it for short periods of time - still it feels ridiculous to use a large oven to melt cheese on my open face cheese sandwich :-)

And of course I would still need a regular toaster for those times when I needed to toast a bagel

Comments (47)