SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbl692

Farmhouse kitchen not so charming (help and advice)

sbl 692
5 years ago

We are moving into a 120 year old house (labor of love)this house is lovely. Beautiful original woodwork, hardwood floors throughout, lovely transoms and french doors. Everything in this house is in lovely order except the kitchen. The layout is odd. they have wallpapered and bordered the walls i.e 1992 and the counters are kinda scary. It does have lovely built ins though. Unfortunately, there are some things I can not tackle at this time. The layout will have to stay for now. The wood work and cabinets can not be painted. So the advice I am looking for are paint colors something that will brighten up the area. I am not opposed to color but really want to keep in the historical range. Some kind of counter top treatment that is cost effective. The appliances will be changed out eventually but not at first. I am looking for something happy and inviting if that makes sense. I am posting a current picture please know that this picture is in the middle of the clean up and we have not even moved in yet. Any pictures color schemes advice anyone has will be greatly appreciated. Sometimes it take a different eye to see the diamond in the rough. Thanks

Comments (19)