SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pngntx

Help me brainstorm! Beginning stages of a new build

pngntx
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hey there everyone!

We have just put an offer in on land and are going to custom build with a builder that works to create energy efficient homes here in south Texas.

As I begin to jot down my wish list of things to have in our forever home, I hoped you guys might give me some ideas along the way.

We will be on a 6 acre lot with a very gentle slope away. I would love a wrap around porch and other ways to bring the inside out.

A little about us -

Retired military family with 3 boys, 11, 19 and 22. Our niece may live with us for awhile as she finishes up grad school.

Would like a home workout space and a place for my inherited pool table that means a lot to us.

We are dog people through and through. We have 4 large dogs, which explains the need for 6 acres. :) There are items for them I want to incorporate in the home - wash tub in the mud room, dog door to a smaller side yard for constant access, etc. I want to keep the home a one level however and want to keep "aging in place" ideas in mind too.

Want to have space for the kids to come back and visit through the years with their little ones - might include a barndominium as well.

Where are good sources to find floor plan ideas I can build on?

Is there anything else you would add if you were me? :)

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH