SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
srri

Please help with vanity lights and proportions, etc.

srri
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

HI All,

My indecisiveness is holding up the GC. I'm renovating the masterbath and am losing sleep because I can't decide! Sounds familiar? :)

The room is 11'x6'. A set of pocket doors from the bedroom open up to the bathroom where the whole vanity can be seen from the bedroom. The vanity takes up 6' on the 11' wall. I've decided on a floating walnut vanity, 2 undermount sinks. To the right of the vanity, on the same 11' wall is the walk-in shower. The shower will be about 5' x 3', to be covered in Maxfine large format porcelain, White Calacatta. The floor will be a gray porcelain (matte, urban/cement look) 12" x24". Paint will be SW Pure White since the space is so small and there's no window in the bathroom. Will have can lights as shown. Going for minimalism and trying to open up the space as much as I can since it's pretty tight.

1) does the size/proportion of the mirror look right to you? 3' high x 6' long with the bottom of the mirror at 3.5' and the top is it is at 6.5'

Pic #1 shows a mockup with Stix bar light, also the dimension/placement of the mirror

2) I can't decide whether to use a bath bar over the mirror or mount 3 mini pendants from the ceiling. If 3 mini pendants, which do you prefer?

Pic #2 shows a mockup with 3 disc pendants. Should the pendants be lower?

Pic #3 shows a slimmer style pendants

The following photos are the bar light and pendant lights that I have selected. Any and all suggestions/critiques would be appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Edited to add 2 pics of the calacatta porcelain that will cover the shower. Gray flooring will be similar to the gray veins. Thanks for getting through this long post.

2nd edit to add pics of my fixtures, Edge by In2Aqua in chrome finish

Comments (7)