SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_854792926

Layout help... is it worth the renovation?

Tmoms 4
5 years ago
Hello, my family and I live in a 2100 square foot home that we eventually plant to sell, so we are renovating slowly, but have to keep cost in mind as we have resale value versus investment to worry about.
Currently, we are considering a partial main floor renovation, that remains within the current exterior walls.

Issues with the current layout are as follows

1. The living room is difficult to arrange with the long, narrow dimensions and openings as they are.

2. Dead space between kitchen and dining area.

3. Kitchen is workable as is, but it seems like there just could be a better layout.

I will post photos of the current layout and an overview of the floor plan of the entire home. I also have dreamt up a proposed plan in my head, but I realize there are experts out there who would have better ideas than me. It should also be noted that our living room is sunken, and we would likely not be changing that.

I am wondering if a renovation such as the one I have proposed would have enough impact to be worth the cost? Would we notice and appreciate the change in layout? Is there something else that would be better within the current exterior walls of our home? I am more than willing to consult an expert on a renovation, but I am just wondering if we can even do anything to improve on what we have without moving exterior walls.

Please forgive my hand drawn plans.

Comment (1)