SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_rdsp

please help me get on track for window treatments!

Nicole R Dsp
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hey all.

We are getting close to moving into our new home! I was hoping to get ideas for what direction to go for blinds.

I’ve attached paint colors I will be sampling, a picture of the room, picture of our furniture set, our master tile selections, and a photo of the rest of the house selections.

My initial inclination was to do a linen colored Roman or roller, but I was thinking I should match the furniture in case I want to go a different color scheme one day. Now I am leaning dark, like warm blacks and browns

The trim is SW pure white. The carpet is a warm neutral. I know a light colored shade would contrast to darker walls but I don’t want to be married to a linen. Yes I understand this will be a dark room, but it gets a ton of natural right and I like to sleep in the dark as I currently work night shift so all blinds need to be blackout. I'll be choosing new bedding last.

Bedroom has 3 of the large windows and the picture window above bed - the room is now drywalled, textured, and primed. Trim is going in this week, and the windows will have a trim ledge, but no surround.

Bedroom furniture set 6 piece acacia solid wood

Paint samples I will be testing

Tile samples for our master - for the time being the wall color in there will be anew gray, as is the rest of the home (minus the office, which will be SW Black Fox). Light color will be floor and shower floor, medium will be shower wall, dark will be counters, ledger stone will be a window surround in shower and a full wall backsplash for vanity.

I've attached a photo of the rest of the house selections so you can see the direction we are going (I'm a visual person as you can see haha).

This was one color that struck me for romans, am I crazy? (waiting on samples)

Comments (3)