SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shead

Need options for good quality, mid-range cabinet brands

shead
5 years ago

We are planning a kitchen addition in the next few months and I'd like to use factory cabinets if I can because a) the only custom guy that is local to me is booked for over a year and I've used him twice already so looking for a different experience and b) the only others don't have a lot of sophistication in their cabinet making skills (can't do full overlay, etc.).

I'm looking at the brands that Lowe's sells (Kraftmaid, Dynasty, Shenandoah, and Schuler) as well as brands that a design center 1.5 hours away sells (Kraftmaid, Aristokraft, Homecrest, Diamond, Wellborn, Kemp, Merrillat, Mid Continent, and Omega). I see mixed reviews about ALL those companies and somewhat limited colors.

I guess what I'm looking for is well-built, mid-range to upper range, American made cabinets with the option for a custom color. I'm not sure that's even possible or not. I definitely don't want any cheap Chinese crapola that's going to fall apart in 5 years :/

I want simple Shaker style, full overlay for the perimeter in a light warm gray (like BM Gray Owl) and a more rustic, natural island in knotty alder. I'd also like to be able to order 27" bases and 15" uppers.

Thanks!

Comments (47)