Whatever will I do with myself: FACEBOOK DOWN

Debby

It's the end of the world! This morning I couldn't respond to posts. Then it let me. Then it stopped right away. Can't upload a picture. Tonight I can't get into my account at all. Is this what life was like before Facebook? I'm not sure I like it...................

SaveComment22Like1
Comments (22)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
functionthenlook

I was wondering why it wasn't loading right. I thought it was my laptop.

Save    
Debby

It seems to be hit and miss. I can get into one account, but not the other. My main one let me post a couple things a little while ago, then nothing. Now I can't even get into it. I so sad......... I may have to talk to that guy who lives on my couch. He claims to be married to me.

4 Likes Save    
salonva

Me too Debby---- my "real" account is down but my secondary one is accessible......though when I tried to post something I couldn't . I was thinking maybe I really should just call it quits. (but I won't because I am too addicted).

Save    
Kathsgrdn

According to a news item on BBC.com, it's happening to a lot of people. They can't access it for some reason.

Save    
dedtired

I ran into this, too. Someone messaged me and then I couldn’t get on to respond. I really spend too much time on FB

Save    
catticusmockingbird

Can access FB, but not messaging.

Save    
marylmi

I haven't had any trouble today or tonight with posting, or on Messenger. Maybe I just missed it ! Lol

Save    
lisa_fla

I wanted to post pictures of Penny at the dog park today on FB but they won’t load. She had such a good time! A year ago she was newly adopted and had heartworm. All cured now!

9 Likes Save    
maifleur01

I am glad I am not the only one. I needed to send several people messages. Some went through, I hope. Starting I think it was early last week when I sent a message it started to appear if I had received a new message. Easy enough to click closed but irritating as without checking with the recipient or receiving a reply there is no way to know if the message went through.

Save    
Rusty

I couldn't access FB all day today, but it seems to be working just fine right now. Hope it lasts! I thought it was something wrong with either my PC or my Internet service.

Rusty

Save    
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

So happy not to have to worry about this. I don't want more on my plate.

Save    
Texas_Gem

I think it's a wonderful thing every time these social media apps fail and people are forced to communicate the "old fashioned way" through individual texts, phone calls, emails or in person.

I truly dispise social media. It has taken away so much personal interaction.

I can understand how it might be helpful for family members/friends located far away from each other as it allows a way to stay connected.

So many use it as a substitute for normal interaction though.

We don't get together and tell each other about our day/week, we've been live streaming it the whole time!

So what exactly are we supposed to do when we see each other in person Becky??

Save    
lily12

I could get on but if tried to share something, I got the message it could not happen . Try again. Now it's working.

Save    
arkansas girl

I didn't have any issues. There doesn't seem to be much of anything going on with FB these days. A few people sharing some funny memes and that's about it.

1 Like Save    
arcy_gw

LOL Soooo proud to say I didn't even notice.

Save    
Uptown Gal

LOL I read an article that Zuckerberg is going to change Facebook so people

can have small intimate groups with just the group of friends that they want/ask to join.

You know....like those things we used to call "forums". Wow...he is a smart one

to come up with something like that. ;)

Save    
Debby

Texas gem, THIS IS SOCIAL MEDIA. It's a message board. Same as Facebook. Same as Instagram. Same as Whatsapp (the 3 social media sites that had the same problem yesterday). Just a different form of it.

2 Likes Save    
maifleur01

Surprised Texasgem did not realize that this is social media but many people do not seem to.

Uptown Gal you can already do that on fb. Create a group and add only the people you want to talk to in it. It gets tricky when you try to share things like photos finding the right setting for the group that allows the same photo to be seen by another group. I set one up so that people could ask hard questions when my husband was in the nursing home. No one ever asked the hard questions but anyone can do the same.

1 Like Save    
blfenton

I'm only on facebook because my siblings and my uncle and I have a private group for passing information along about my mom. The last few days though it kept telling me that I had a private message when in fact there was nothing there. I didn't realize that was a problem but just thought it was my computer acting up.

Save    
Uptown Gal

Hmmm. I wonder what Zuckerberg meant the changes would be. I don't

do Facebook...except to keep up with a cousin. I'm not sure how hers is set

up though...I see relatives and her friends coming and going. I do know that

you can make it private, but no expert on it at all.

Save    
joyfulguy

Not too interested in helping someone become the richest guy in the world in half a generation ...

... by selling the private information of millions of people that he can entice to click on his stuff.

o j

Save    
Jasdip

I use Facebook, but more and more it's all memes and politics.

I do love my cast iron cooking group on it though.

I'm also glad I use FB Purity, which blocks all ads and other nonsense on FB.

Save    

Related Stories

The Polite House The Polite House: How Can I Tell a Construction Crew to Pipe Down?
If workers around your home are doing things that bother you, there’s a diplomatic way to approach them
Full Story
Features ‘I Saw a Glowing Orange Flame Racing Down the Hill to My House’
With more wildfires raging in California, a Sonoma County artist comes to terms with escaping the October fires intact
Full Story
Most Popular Everything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
Decorating Guides Bed Down in a Cocoon of Beautiful Textiles
Make your bedroom a real haven with a bed draped in sheets, blankets and pillows that speak to your dreams
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Slow Down and Ease Up: A Sanity-Saving Approach to Life
Why not take the pressure off and live a little more consciously in 2017? The challenging goals can wait
Full Story
Decluttering Surprising Ways to Pare Down at Home
All those household items you take for granted? You might not need them after all. These lists can help you decide
Full Story
Decorating Projects Keeping Cabinet Color on the Down Low
Give just base cabinets a colorful coat for a kitchen sporting character and a spacious look
Full Story
Life You Said It: ‘I’m Never Leaving’ and More Houzz Quotables
Design advice, inspiration and observations that struck a chord this week
Full Story
Life 5 Ways to Pare Down Your Stuff — Before It Gets in the Door
Want to free up some room around the house? Rethink gift giving, give yourself a shopping mantra and just say, ‘No, thank you’ to freebies
Full Story
Virginia Premium Renovations is a full-service general contracting company that specializes in kitchen remodels,... Read More