SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19692457

Hallway dilemma

User
5 years ago

We are in the process of having old Berber wall to wall removed and engineered hardwood flooring put down in our whole house. It's a ranch with a block of closets in the center. All rooms are off the rectangular hallways that go around the closets. My husband is a musician. Several times a week he has to move his equipment from his studio through the hallways and out the front door to his van. Some of the equipment is in wheeled cases. The wheels are hard, not rubber. The heaviest piece is a Roland electronic keyboard that weighs a ton.

He can't get the equipment out without traveling over the new floors. Right now there are huge pieces of cardboard on the floor as the work hasn't been completed, but that's not a permanent solution.

We discussed runner but he's concerned the edges will eventually curl up and catch on the wheels, dislodging the rugs, causing frustration, etc. I thought about commercial runners with beveled rubber edges that would be put down and picked up again but what a PIA that would be. I'd end up with them as part of the permanent decor.

My DH's suggestion? Put down wall to wall carpeting in the hallway . . .Again.

Any ideas?

Comments (2)