SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
swellremodel

Choosing frameless cabinets Cabico vs Showplace

swellremodel
5 years ago

I know that I want frameless cabinets in my kitchen. After looking at a number of cabinet lines, I am trying to choose between Cabico and Showplace. I was interested in Ultracraft as well but got a odd design from the kitchen designer which doesn't bode well for working together long term, even if I give my suggestions to improve it. Cabico and Ultracraft both came in around 22,000. Showplace is coming in around 27,000. (all upgraded to plywood) My contractor will install.

The Cabico dealer will measure, order according to what I want, check the delivery, but overall provides limited support for the whole project. He doesn't return messages promptly. The Showplace dealer will provide a lot of project management and support, look into customization to really fit my space, help with selecting finishes, detailed quality control, etc. and is very communicative.

After reading extensively here, I feel like Cabico is a stronger, more consistent brand than Showplace. Showplace frameless, in particular, has been labeled as a brand to avoid around here.
Some issues: drawer box quality, shelf pins, uneven finishes, cabinets/pantries not plumb. Yikes! But the help provided by the Showplace dealer really appeals to me. I am planning to get a mix of painted and stained cabinets. Color choices, sinks, hardware, lighting, countertops, backsplash... these choices are kind of overwhelming.

Will I regret spending the extra money on the Showplace cabinets in the long run? I can "afford" it but it means a sacrifice somewhere else and I can't "afford" to have shoddy cabinets in my home. (Is this even a reasonable price for Showplace cabinets relative to Cabico? How much $ is built in for the service and am I better off hiring an interior designer? or just a friend who is good at these kinds of things.) If the reviews for Showplace were generally good, it would be a no brainer, but I'm afraid of spending more to get less. Thanks for your help.

Comments (10)