SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

Rotten Couple of Years

secsteve
5 years ago

I haven't posted much here in the last couple of years. There have been things that I've thought of posting, but just didn't feeling up to it. Here's why

Starting in December 2017, I lost a cousin I was very close with. Then in March of 2018 my next youngest niece died unexpectedly. Had an aneurism while being transferred from ICU. Long story behind it, but she was one of my favorites. Drove me crazy at times, but loved her to death. Then in April lost another favorite cousin. She had just turned 97 and we had talked the month before.

Then in December of 2018 a classmate that I reconnected with died unexpectedly. Rob was a great help in planning and working on the reunion. He had a wicked sense of humor and we had a great time playing catch up while I was back in MI working on the reunion.

Just yesterday a good friend and neighbor lost her battle to breast cancer. Thankfully Geo and I went to see her last Friday. We had seen her husband and daughter while out walking the dogs and they asked us to be sure and visit soon. So glad we did.

I know I'm at that age where these things are going to occur more often, but it sure it hard.

One bright note... We got our new TV and it'll be getting set up today. Got the 65" inch Samsung and am really looking forward to watch our favorite programs etc. on it.

Comments (30)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville