SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thehungrytourist

Bathroom Layout Help

thehungrytourist
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We are currently in the midst of planning a bath/bedroom remodel and needing some advice/guidance on layout. We currently have a poorly laid out master bath that is approximately 8'x18'. We would like to transform this area into two bathrooms, making one a guest bath (upper) and the other a master bath (lower). I plan to replace all plumbing and electrical, so locations of existing fixtures are not a concern. I have attached a dimensioned sketch as well as a clean version. The wall location separating the two bathrooms is optional, as is the door location for the new master bath. For the upper bath, I don't see any space issues with a tub/shower combo, vanity and toilet. My main challenge is squeezing all of our wants and desires into the available space without making it claustrophobic. We would like to have separate vanities, plus a makeup vanity, a walk-in shower, soaking tub and toilet if possible. I may be trying too hard to make this all work, but was hoping that a fresh (more experienced) set of eyes might provide guidance. Thank you in advance and please let me know if additional info would be helpful.

Comments (61)