SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

My cat, Orion //////////

artemis_ma
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I'm here, trying to "amuse" myself, since I can't physically help him right now.

Orion is a 12 year old silver tabby American Curl. I found him nearly unresponsive this morning at a corner of the basement. He got rushed to the vets, They did blood work and x rays on him. Yesterday he wasn't interested when I fed the three of these cats, but when I came back from the chickens he was walking past the food. Okay, I missed him eating, or so I thought...

Right now, he is getting overnight IV fluids and antibiotics. But the only thing the actual tests turned up is a high white blood count. They also know he is dehydrated. (No kidney problems, no cancerous masses, but lymphoma would not show up that way.)

I know whatever is best for him is what I need to do. I will be consulting with the vet tomorrow morning at a set time.

He's never been human-friendly, even to me, but he's a major buddy of one of my other cats. He's also been here, illness-free, for those 12 years.

I expect the fluids will prop him up a little, but I also expect that I will be called upon to make a sane choice to let him go over that Rainbow Bridge. Or, something.

PS extra characters so this would post.

Comments (22)