Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes Feb. 15, 2019

User
5 years ago

Galileo Galilei Quotes

Italian - Scientist February 15, 1564 - January 8, 1642

https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/galileo_galilei

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.

Galileo Galilei

The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.

Galileo Galilei

If I were again beginning my studies, I would follow the advice of Plato and start with mathematics.

Galileo Galilei

I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him.

Galileo Galilei

Philosophy is written in this grand book, the universe, which stands continually open to our gaze. But the book cannot be understood unless one first learns to comprehend the language and read the letters in which it is composed.

Galileo Galilei

The nature of the human mind is such that unless it is stimulated by images of things acting upon it from without, all remembrance of them passes easily away.

Galileo Galilei

Nature is relentless and unchangeable, and it is indifferent as to whether its hidden reasons and actions are understandable to man or not.

Galileo Galilei

I notice that young men go to the universities in order to become doctors or philosophers or anything, so long as it is a title, and that many go in for those professions who are utterly unfit for them, while others who would be very competent are prevented by business or their daily cares, which keep them away from letters.

Galileo Galilei

He who looks the higher is the more highly distinguished, and turning over the great book of nature (which is the proper object of philosophy) is the way to elevate one's gaze.

Galileo Galilei

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions