SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bac717gw

Scary cell phone battery story........so I need some cell phone advice

bac717
5 years ago

Last night, around 1 AM, the battery in my Samsung 4 (yes, I know it's old) decided to malfunction. I'm not sure how to describe exactly what happened, but I was woken up by a loud, but quick sound that reminded me of what it would sound like if a very large bug had just flown into a bug zapper! The phone was charging on the nightstand. After we turned on the light, we discovered the phone had separated into pieces - the phone case, the back of the phone and the phone itself with no battery. We also smelled something. Then we found the battery on the carpet just under the bed. My husband grabbed a towel to remove the battery which he immediately put outside just in case. We then discovered a nice square hole burned into the carpeting. Thank God it did not start a fire!!! Needless to say, I did not sleep well the rest of the night................on the sofa in the family room because of the smell in the bedroom. I'm not sure I'll ever be charging my phone overnight again.

So, it's time for a new phone and I'm apprehensive now about another Samsung. I'd love to hear about the other Android options out there. If you could give me some advice, that would be great.

Comments (20)