SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
svgas

Help adding a coffee/bar station to my open dining area

G S
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have been thinking about having a bar/coffee area built into an unused wall in my open dining area (or finding an appropriately sized piece of furniture that I could convert for this purpose) for a while but assumed that space constraints wouldn't allow. I'm currently redecorating the area and am wondering if there is a different table style that could make it work. I'm attaching photos of the area (the wall id like to use for the coffee station/bar has a large black frame on it) and is about 6.5 ft. The wall with the brass frames is 12.5 feet and there is just over 10 feet from the gallery wall to the kitchen island.

My questions are:

1. is there a way to fit what i want in without crowding the space too much?

2. i like the idea of a custom built unit as well as converting an older piece of furniture, but not sure what would work best style-wise in the space. I'm open to any and all ideas that would add some interest and warmth to the space

Excuse the empty frames and light fixture, like I said i'm in the middle of redecorating and waiting on a new light and photos for the frames.

Comments (14)