SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mpaist

My Little House on the Lake - Floor plan help!

Michelle P.
5 years ago

Hi,

We are trying to building a new home under 1350 sq. feet that we will only live in part of the year. WE are just at 1368 sq. ft and have had some initial trouble squeezing in 2 bedrooms on the first floor (necessary to accommodate our older guests). In our Version 2 Plan, we moved the front wall out, so now it’s a flush exterior wall that faces the lake – a giant rectangle! We are trying to create some exterior elements to create a visual separation between the bedroom and garage wings (i.e, added 2nd floor porch, exterior timber elements, etc.) but not real thrilled and really would like the wings to be set back as shown in our inspiration plan below and Version 1 Plan.

Since we will only live there part of the year – not sure about the amount of closet space really necessary for 2 adults (and guests). There will also be a fairly large loft that we intend to build out with a dorm area and could easily add lots of extra storage at a later time.

I am also having trouble deciding where to put the laundry. Initially, I combined the pantry and laundry, but I'm not sure if the noise will bothersome. I am considering moving it on garage side, but then not sure how to configure the space on either side of the kitchen.

I would welcome all comments and suggestions about any area of the floor plans. I've included a several photos (perhaps too many!).

Many Thanks!

Inspiration Home Exterior

Exterior Comparison:

Exterior Side Comparison:

1st Floor Plan Comparison:

2nd Floor Plan:

Comments (20)