SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_871492926

Lighting, hardware and mirror advice for bathroom

Parje1
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We are remodeling our hall bathroom that serves guests and is used by our daughter. I'm stuck on my lighting and mirror choices and hardware for the vanity.

Floor is a 6x12 herringbone pattern using Bedrosian's City Silver tile with the peaks facing towards the vanity.

Vanity is a custom made dark vanity covered with Stevenswood Midnight Echo. Vanity is 60 inches wide and 34 inches tall. 4 drawers on the right, middle cabinet with a drawer below, and a right side cabinet with shelves. We are thinking about darker hardware on the cabinets for a sleeker look.

Countertop is white quartz that looks like marble (Venatino)

We have planned a 36x48 mirror with a simple rolled edge. The mirror will be mounted to be flush with the top of the countertop backsplash.

Question: Is my mirror too boring? The vanity will be higher than it is now so the mirror would be flush with the countertop backsplash.

Shower/tub is white Subway look (made by Whitewater) shower surround with a deeper than average acrylic tub with apron. Image shows shower wall and separate image of our tub.

One sconce on each side of the mirror plus one recessed light in the ceiling and one in the shower. I can't decide on the style and finish of the sconces.

Question: My favorite light looks best with black but I'm not sure that would go. It does come in brushed and chrome. This light is 4x21. What do you think?

My next favorite is this one but I'm not sure it would provide enough light if we upgraded to LED bulbs.

Third choice is this

We haven't chosen the wall color yet but thinking about Benjamin Moore China White or White Dove or Pale Oak.

I'd love advice on the mirror, what finish for the lights and which one you like and if you think darker hardware on the vanity would work. I might also do some floating shelves about the toilet for accessories as my daughter really wanted a dragon themed purple bathroom and I say no. She could put whatever she wants on the shelves.

Comments (9)