AGT: The Champions

Rusty

Did anyone here watch it last night? I am disappointed we won't have the results until next week! I just knew they were going to pick the winner last night!

I thought all of the acts last night were worthy of winning, not sure who I would pick if I were judging. I personally don't care for opera, nor for whatever the kind of racket the first act did is called, but I can recognise the talent involved. Darci Lynn never ceases to amaze me, every time I see her, she shows another 'side' of her talent! Singing Italian opera with her mouth closed! Wow!

I really would like to see someone besides a vocalist win, though.

I wish I knew how they picked the 'super fans' from the 50 states. . . . . . .

Rusty

SaveComment11Like1
Comments (11)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lily613

I loved this show even though six out of the 12 were singers. Of them, I pick Paul or Susan and NOT the Spanish women. I love Chin and the sand lady. I loved them all. Not a bad act there.

Save     Thanked by Rusty
marilyn_c

The Asian guy who does card tricks...AMAZING!!!

Lily613

Paul or Susan if they pick singers. Chin or Jon or that sand lady of they don't.

share_oh

I never watch live because of the commercials but I wanted to see it last night because I thought everyone was SO good!

LOVE Shin Lim! I would pay good money to see his act in Vegas. I also still LOVE Darci Lynn! She is an amazing singer - and the fact that she does it as a ventriloquist is mind blowing.

I would be happy with either of them winning.

I was disappointed that the so-called super fans get to pick... I never vote on these shows but I would've voted this time. :(

joann_fl

I'd say that almost all are amazing, it would be a very hard pick. How can you decide whether you reward a singer, a magician, aerialist, ventriloquist, or others? They are all so good at what they do. I think it's unfair. It would be better to group them off into talents in a field.

Lily613

There wasn't one there who didn't deserve to win. But how can you judge someone like Jon or Shin against Paul Pott who I love. ?

Rusty

"But how can you judge someone like Jon or Shin against Paul Pott who I love. ?"

I guess that's the difference in being able to judge on the basis of actual talent (not sure that's the proper term here) and a popular vote. I'm not clear on whether the finals will be judged solely by the so called "super fans", or if Simon, Heidi, Mel B and Howie will also have a say in it. I think Simon is the most capable of putting his own likes/dislikes aside and judging on talent, and Howie, too, to some extent. Heidi and Mel B, not so much. And I'm thinking the super fans' votes will be a popular vote only. But I could be wrong on that. We'll see next Monday! It should be interesting.

I wonder if the judges had any inkling ahead of time that they would be called to participate in the knife throwing act?

Rusty

Save    
share_oh

I wonder when the show is being taped or if it already has been - the news said Heidi & Mel B were just told this week about being let go - didn't sound like it was their choice to be leaving. I just wonder if they haven't taped the finale if it will be a little awkward or if anything will be said that it's their last show?

Rusty

Awkward? Maybe, but who knows, this reads like they both have had other plans in the works for awhile.
Judges replaced.

Rusty

Save    
nicole___

Mel B is touring with the Spice girls. Heidi has a gig with a runway model cable show. Howie is doing "Deal or No Deal". Think Howie is staying. But....they all seem pretty busy. No loss of income there.

Julianne Hough was a big hit singing in Rock Of Ages. She's a BIG star, tons of movies in her portfolio.

Gabrielle Union I saw speaking on The View.....she's a big deal too. Quite the credentials.

Should be interesting. Looking forward to the new cast.

Lily613

I love AGT. I was totally unimpressed with the World's Best or whatever it's called. Watched it once and hated it. Those new additions to AGT sound like they'll fit in well.

Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More