Hallmark Channel

joann_fl

Have you seen they are doing another "Countdown to Christmas"? This is crazy I was burned out on Christmas by June last year and now they are doing it again!

SaveComment19Like
Comments (19)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
catticusmockingbird

By June I'm almost ready for Christmas. ;)

Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Never watch it. Way too syrupy sweet for my tastes! And Christmas for me needs to be restricted to the 10 days between 12/15 and 12/25. Don't care to see or hear about it at any other time of year!!

4 Likes Save    
Suzieque

I agree with gardengal 100%. I can't stand those. And yes, I could simply not watch them (which is what I will do), but they replace the shows that I do like with those syrupy sweet (great description, gardengal) movies. YUCK!

Save    
Hot Rod

I love the Christmas movies. If your burned out you don't have to watch them.

2 Likes Save    
terilyn

They are only showing a Christmas movie on Friday nights.

Save    
amylou321

Look, I love Christmas. Listen to Christmas music all year. And I love Christmas movies. That stuff they show on hallmark is NOT Christmas movies. Sorry. They are sappy love movies set at Christmas time. I hate them.

One of my sisters LOVES them. I was over at her house this.past December and she was watching one that was SO STUPID I went home! The story as I saw it:

A young, very handsome,succesful, wealthy,baggage-less man sees an average looking,broke shrew of a woman with a kid,and decides that he HAS to have her. And the son. And she resists of course. Wouldn't be a hallmark movie if the perfect man didn't have to convince the single mom to let herself love him.....

Yeah, okay. Not even Santa claus could pull that one off.

I wish someone would play some of the scrooge movies this time of year. Thank Santa for Amazon video!

1 Like Save    
Suzieque

"...If your burned out you don't have to watch them."

As I said, right above you, they play in place of shows I do like. That's my beef.

Save    
ritaweeda

You have no idea how tickled I am that I'm not the ONLY woman in the universe who despises these shows. I always thought I was a weirdo because I don't like syrupy sweet, tragedy-to-the-max shows. Please don't chide me about it, I don't turn this station on, especially when they do Christmas all year long. The only thing I ever watch on it are the old Frazier re-runs. I am a Christian and I celebrate Christmas but this is too much. But then I grumble when I go to a store in July and see them stocking Christmas stuff already. That happened last Summer in July - I went to Hobby Lobby, which I really like the store, but they were already stocking it. But please don't think I'm against anyone celebrating Christmas all year if that's what they like, just don't expect me to enjoy it. (I have to make this statement since people get so offended so easily here.) And do you want to know what's so funny? DH actually likes those shows. Here's a man who will watch a sugar-sweet drama in July about Christmas and then turn around and watch the most brutal, violent, horror-filled stuff on Netflix. I just shake my head on both and go to my room.

4 Likes Save    
schoolhouse_gw

My friend always watches the movies on this channel and doesn't understand why I don't share her enthusiasm. I don't make a big deal out of it. Different strokes for different folks.

Save    
functionthenlook

Hallmark Christmas movies are the worst. They only have two plots. Boy/girl meets then boy/girl break up due to a misunderstanding and then get back together. Or nasty boy/girl falls in love with boy/girl and all of a sudden turns nice. Plus in every movie there is a kid involved some how.

What really kills me is those Thanksgiving shows and movies where everyone sits around the table telling what they are thankful for. Just eat the food while it is still hot for goodness sake. Or Dad - "I am thankful I didn't get a DUI last night", Mom - "I'm thankful dad was gone last night The pool boy was here" , daughter- "I'm thankful my pregnancy test was negative", and son- "I am thankful for pimple cream".

4 Likes Save    
cherryfizz

I tried watching some Christmas Hallmark movies and I ended up turning them off - too sickly sweet and the people are just so "perfect" I do like some of their other movies like the mystery ones just not the Christmas movies. A lot of Hallmark movies are filmed in Canada and they used my cousin's house in North Bay to do some filming of Banners 4th of July a few years ago. They put my cousin and his family and pets up in a Hotel while they used the house to film.

Save    
Raye Smith

Not a Hallmark watcher either, I'd rather watch an old movie as in 30's to 40's era.

Function - isn't that what Thanksgiving is for, to give thanks for all our blessings? We do that as we're eating, no cold food.

Maybe the name should be changed to Footballgiving or Stuffyourfacegiving for those that prefer to not give thanks...

2 Likes Save    
joann_fl

They are advertising them on Home & Family. I love the sweet movies but NOT Christmas all year long! I also love the Hallmark Channel but enough already.

Save    
always1stepbehind

I happened to be watching that network today and had to do double take when they were talking about Christmas countdown!! What the heck!!??

1 Like Save    
Jasdip

I'm another that can't stand those over-the-top sappy love stories. Way too predictable and fake. The acting isn't even very good.

1 Like Save    
jill302

Enjoy Hallmark on occasion. There are some days a predictable movie with a happy ending work for me. I enjoy the Christmas movies for a week or two, then I am over them. Agree that Frazier reruns are my favorite on the network. Unfortunately they moved it an hour later, starting at 11 pm here so I rarely watch it.

Save    
josephene_gw

And they have the same actors/ actresses too. How can you tell the movies apart. They are all the same.

rita dh watches them too.

oh well he is retired and allowed to watch them.

At least it’s not those old fake wrestling shows he used to watch.

Ask him about ancient aliens.

Save    
josephene_gw

Need to introduce dh to Gilmore Girls

ive watched maybe 6 shows can’t watch anymore.

Save    
kadefol

I hate most Hallmark Movies, especially the Christmas ones. But there is a very funny exception called "Holiday in Handcuffs". The premise is ridiculous and you have to suspend logic. But if you can, it's pretty entertaining. I've read it described as "Misery" reworked as a romantic comedy and that about covers it. Except no bloodshed and, of course, a happy ending. And, it has Markie Post and June Lockhart. :)

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Midcentury Style Houzz Tour: Retiring to a Midcentury Modern Gem
Vintage furniture fits the tone of this 1950s home, designed by modernist A. Quincy Jones, to a T
Full Story
Architecture Clues to Your Home's Architectural History
Use this quick guide to design themes to identify the era and style of your house's details
Full Story
Life Houzz Call: Share Your Winter Storm Jonas Photos and Survival Tips!
Let’s see your pictures and hear your ideas on how you’re keeping your house warm and staving off cabin fever
Full Story