SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_523115918

Living room layout and decor ideas

HU-523115918
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

I moved in to a new place and did not have much stuff (big move from Alaska!). Now that I’ve acquired a few things, I’m a little perplexed by what other items I could get to tie it all together. Main issues: 1. picking a rug(s) when you have a weird floor plan, 2. finding matching decor for a bizarre gold coffee table that I can’t part with, 3. Art for bare wall with 3 cutouts.

Im not attached to the exact current items, but I don’t have a huge budget. FWIW :)

The living room is a large rectangle with the (rarely used) front door opening to the center & An often used walkway down the middle, from kitchen to hallway. There is an adjoining dining area.

I’d love advice on how to incorporate a rug or 2 (Def not attached to these 2!), i was looking at a rug that I’ll attach as a picture, but I’m confused as to the size in this case and maybe how to pick 2 rugs for 1 room.

The other main area that baffles me, is the bare wall with 3 holes. hey make me feel confined to 3 pieces of art or something really big. whatever rug and art i pick, I’m hoping can help make the coffee table fit in.

bonus if you have better ideas for the window nook!!! :)

i know I need to replace the big chair covered in a blanket.

Aside from attempting a gold grey navy theme, my style is fairly simple - maybe leaning toward whimsical animals, nature stuff.,

im open to new lamps, curtains, rugs... most stuff really. The previous owners went nuts with greige and shabby farmhouse.. just trying to make it mine :)

Comments (14)