SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesliedesigner1

Another post regarding sealing marble backsplash...

5 years ago

Hi everyone, I have read through many questions regarding sealing marble backsplash. We had our quartz countertops installed a couple weeks ago and will be installing the marble backsplash next weekend. Attached is a photo of the backsplash we purchased (Carrara Rhomboid Bianco Polished Long Octagon Black Dot). I have read quite a bit about sealing it before grouting, which is what we plan to do (grouting with unsanded white grout; silicone at base between countertop and backsplash). I suppose my question is more product related, as I have read some accounts of the sealant discoloring the marble, which would be disastrous for me as I spent a lot of time finding a quartz with the same undertones, as well as everything is coordinated so that the background hue of marble is just right. I do have a sample piece that I plan to test the sealant we purchase on before application, but I really don't want to purchase multiple sealants if at all possible. Can anyone suggest the best sealant for polished Carrara that will not cause discoloration? Thank you so much!

Comment (1)