SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_679400510

4” or 6” wafer lights

Redi2Bdone
5 years ago

The lighting designer designated WF4 LED 27K30K35K 90CRI MW M6 for our new construction. We are going with wafer lights so that decision is made. I don’t want to have to go down that road again. Head’s still spinning learning about kelvins, CRI, etc. The electrician‘s helper started mainly just placing boxes for switches and outlets but they pulled off until it warms up. No insulation yet so no heat and with the record breaking cold I understand. The electrician hasn’t looked at the designer’s layout yet but said he typically puts in 6” rather than 4” indicating if 4” are used he thinks its looks funny to have so many lights in the ceiling. (Hasn’t looked at layout yet so how does he know how many are being used? We have an agreement we source our own material and the contractor provides labor and suggestions to help us make sure we don’t get too off track. He has his own company electrician, plumber, HVAC people, etc. Pretty sweet! No scheduling conflicts!)

I digress! Do 6” wafers put out that much more light than 4” if the 6” are WF6 LED 27K30K35K 90CRI MW M6? Basically the same except for exterior dimensions. I’m not worried about the bedrooms but the kitchen, dining and family room are all open and the designer and I spent time getting the “rooms” tweaked just so. I hate to have to redo that but I don’t want my 8’ ceilings to look like Swiss cheese either (which I don’t think they do but I’m not a professional and maybe I’m not seeing something). Still tweaking the switch layout because we’re adding more dimmers not originally planned but this is basically how the circuits are now. Also there is a door into the mudroom off the dining area but somehow it disappeared when I pdf’d the file. We entertain large groups and have 4 married children with 11 grandchildren who visit frequently for game nights and craft sessions so I’m loving this space and want lighting available for whatever the function might be. We can always dim it down is how I’m looking at it. Just need some advice quick before he comes back Friday.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm