SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwrenholt

Water Spots on Brand New Walk in Shower Tile Floor!! Send Help.

Gretch
5 years ago
Our brand new walk in shower tile has water spots that will not come off! I am just sick over it. The first time I cleaned it I used jDawn dish soap/water and a brush. I didn’t scrub very hard. I saw the spots but didn’t have time to work on them at the time. Another two weeks passed and I tried cleaning the shower again, the same way with no luck. At this point I was confused because our water is softened. It is set at a 20, which was recommended by our installer.
My tile is Retro Quad white 2x2 tiles, glazed porcelain by Elite Tile. Their manufacture instructions say to only use a neutral cleaning soap on the tiles and for stubborn marks vinegar on the grout lines? This isn’t specific enough! Also, how do you clean grout lines without getting the cleaner on the tile?
These are the following things I’ve tried (after testing for 20 minutes first on spare tile to make sure it didn’t affect the finish)
1. Vinegar & water spray & sit for 15-20 minutes.
1/4c to 32 oz. no luck
3/4 c. To 32 oz. no luck
2. Scrubbing Bubbles tile cleaner - citrus no luck
3. Mrs. Meyers tub/tile cleaner - no luck
4. Mrs. Meyers baking soda cleaner - no luck
Then finally
5. Rubbing alcohol - very slight change not enough results to warrant working with something so stinky!
What in the heck is going on here?
Also, I’m even more frustrated now too bc it seems my scrubbing with my brush has caused a bit of fine scratching. Fortunately, it’s only on a couple of tiles & not noticeable. Only at certain angle or looking very closely. I don’t see how it could have been from my brush. The grout used looks a bit sandy.. could a particle have done this? How in the heck do I clean a shower with no scrubbing action? Send help!
Attached are pics. Thank you in advance for any advice! First 2 photos show the spots, zoom in. Third photo my beautiful shower, I don’t want it to not stay nice!

Comments (10)