SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raee_gw

How often do you clean your vacuum?

And have you read your owner's manual? It seems in my area some people don't.

I have just finished rehabbing a vacuum that was given away because it didn't work well anymore and was replaced. This is the fourth one from the neighborhood that I have done; two were Dysons; every single one merely needed a thorough cleaning.

This last one was so packed with wads of dog hair, dust and waxy buildup in every crevice, hose and opening that I had to disassemble it and use detergent, fine tweezers, an exacto tool, toothbrushes, my shopvac, toothpicks, a bird feeder brush -- it became a personal challenge LOL! There was even fur that had worked its way under the housing and into the brushroll motor, because every other niche was so full. The filters were beyond cleaning (both replaced for only $13). I doubt that there had ever been any owner maintenance on it.

It works fine now.

Even if you have pets, if you take the time to frequently pay attention to keeping the filters clean, cleaning the brush roll & its housing, and not letting the dust cup get more than halfway full (don't even approach the MAX fill line!) your vacuum will last and function well for a long time.

Comments (16)