SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rafael_lopes25

First indoor plants --> Care...

Rafael Lopes
5 years ago

So... In my appartment I do have a cat who personally likes to bite and chew my mother's plants if he can reach them, which is not good to the plants.. some got close to dying. So, I thought of buying some smaller plants that we could have on top of furniture or window sills.

Now I have some problems with those and also doubts about how to take care of them...

I bought these:

I think this is a Gastaraloe...

This one is an Orchid (The lady at the garden center said this is supposed to be a specific kind of orchid that doesn't grow very big... don't know how true is that)

This one is some kind of "Opuntia Gumbi" I think....

And then there's a "Lucky Bamboo" that doesn't seem to be very lucky in itself... It does have some yellow stalks and does have some kind of black fungus...

-----------------------------------------------------------//----------------------------------------------------------------------

Problems and care...

The Gastaraloe:

Problems:

It appears to have some brown spots on those little spikes and on some of the tips...

Care:

Can it be in my desk where it doesn't get direct sunlight but gets sunlight? Also can it get direct light from an LED lamp (that doesn't emit heat)?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lucky Bamboo

Problems:

The black fungus and yellow stalks :/

Care:

Can it still be saved? If so, how?

I've already changed the water and washed the roots with water as well....

Can it be on a shady area with not much sunlight?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Cactus

Care:

Does it have to be in direct sunlight? What other recommendations?

The Orchid

Care:

Should it be in a place without direct sunlight but with sunlight?

I think that's it for now :)

Comments (8)