SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dbarronoss

Conradinia verticillata

dbarron
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Seems every nursery is out of stock on this plant. Does anyone have one growing that might consider sending me some cuttings? I will certainly reimburse postage.

I have grown some related plants to this like clinopodium and have been really impressed by them (have georgianum and arkansanum now). I've been looking for this conradinia for two years and it just seems the nursery trade has completely lost it.

Comments (10)

• Jay 6a Chicago
    5 years ago

Do you think the nurseries that sell them will have some in stock this spring? Nobody carried it last year? Why do you want it so bad? Is it fragrant?Have you seen the plant in person?

• dbarron
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Yes, I saw those and neither are what I want. I've grown it before. This would be try #2 and hopefully fully successful (I lost in 2nd winter last time..but put it in too dry an environment).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conradina_verticillata

• Jay 6a Chicago
    5 years ago

What do you mean by they aren't what you want??? Does that plant like wet feet that dry out? You have soil like that. There's probably little native nurseries in Kentucky and Tennesee that sell gallon pots of them lol.

• Jay 6a Chicago
    5 years ago

It's supposed to be short lived. Are there colonies of it in Arkansas? You could use it instead of Rosemary. Convergent evolution, how cool!

• User
    5 years ago

Barron, I took the challenge and did a bit of online searching. I found it but the place didn't have it in stock. Maybe when the spring sales are ready to kick in, they will update their websites and list it as available. I've seen it happen before. Some of those websites sort of go dormant in winter.

Keep those fingers crossed.

dbarron thanked User
  • dbarron
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Yes, that's what I found...out of stock...everywhere :) I guess I could make email inquiries.

• dbarron
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Smaller maybe...but also wholesale ;)

• Jay 6a Chicago
    5 years ago

The area where they grow, to collect seeds or whatever. A short vacation?

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/16249038