SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Solve my blintz problem

l pinkmountain
5 years ago

I love blintzes but can't for the life of me make them to my liking. The filling is always too runny, and I think that is because you really need pot cheese, or some type of dry curd cheese which I can't really find easily around where I live. Plus they take so long with so many steps. So just when I think I hate the Internet, this recipe pops up in my e-mail, a recipe for lemon cottage cheese pancakes. I get a daily blurb from Better Homes and Gardens with articles to click on. Made them today and they were fab. All the taste of blintzes and none of the trouble. We have pancakes every Sat. and these are going in the rotation. I've been in a recipe drought lately, not many good ones, but this was a keeper.

https://www.bhg.com/recipe/honey-lemon-cottage-cheese-pancakes/

Honey-Lemon Cottage Cheese Pancakes

Cottage cheese makes these lemon pancakes remarkably tender. Flip with care since the extra moisture in the batter makes the pancake recipe delicate.

• Makes: 4 servings
  • Serving Size: 4 pancakes each
  • Makes: 16 pancakes
  • Prep: 30 mins

Ingredients

Directions

1. In a large bowl stir to combine eggs, cottage cheese, honey, butter, vanilla, and zest. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until moistened. (Batter should be slightly lumpy).
  2. Pour about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium about 2 minutes; flip when top is bubbly and edges are slightly dry. Cook an additional 2 minutes or until both sides are brown. Keep warm in a 200 degrees F oven while cooking remaining pancakes. Serve warm with butter, maple syrup and/or berries.

Comments (13)