SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_pesant

White Paint Madness Please Help!

Nicole Pesant
5 years ago

So I am about a dozen paint samples in and running out of ideas. I have 2 issues. My house is painted Blue inside and out And I want White Coastal Cottage Light and Bright throughout. Our trim inside is sw Extra white, but in my lighting it appears Icey bluish. I feel like it doesn’t go well with my kitchen cabinets which are a warmer glacier white. We are trying to add shiplap in the living room and entry and board and batten in dining room. All of which we would like to paint white. All the other walls we have decided to paint repose grey. Every white I test in many parts of my home all turn out to be yellow or pink. So far I have tried White Dove, Alabaster, Oxford White, Cotton Balls, Glacier, Brilliant White, Pure White, and sw super white which was made by accident it was supposed to be bm super white.

Because this is for shiplap I absolutely do not want any hints of yellow or pink or blue. Just white. But every color I put up next to the extra white trim appears anything but white. I had sw pure white sitting in my garage because my exterior trim is pure white, I tried that and it appears to work but am concerned that it may look dull when large area is painted because it is too close in color to the extra white Trim. Please help :-) Also recommendations for exterior white paint color to coordinate with sw pure white trim and sw iron ore door would be much appreciated.

Comments (7)