SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda_hi18

Similar daybed sectional to Arhaus Bryden?

Linda Hi
5 years ago

I really like this Arhaus bryden daybed sectional but not loving the price. Looking for recommendations for something similar (or exactly the same!) for around $2000. Hope I'm not dreaming with that price :)

Some points to note: we need dog friendly fabric (our sneaky dog thinks it's her house of furniture when we leave for work and she's alone). No down. We also prefer shallower seats (21-24") for better back support and so our legs are hinged and not sticking straight out. A lot of nice sofas seem to have deep seats and are quite inclined.

Comments (14)

• smalloldhouse_gw
    5 years ago

I've been eyeing this one at Macys, it's a similar look with good reviews: Macy's Jollene sectional

Linda Hi thanked smalloldhouse_gw
  • Linda Hi
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

@smalloldhouse_gw Funny you mention this -- I also like this one! It's quite comfy, I tried it out at a Macy's showroom. The seat depth is a bit too long for me and the back too reclined, but I think most ppl prefer this. The Jollene couch is usually discounted for around $1200, I think it's a great deal. I find the Bryden more elegant and it's also longer.

• Brian Reese
    4 years ago

My wife and I just settled on the bryden after months of searching! We had a few others like at the top of our list, but more expensive: Ethan Allen Melrose Too Three Piece Open End Sectional, and the Room & Board Sterling Sectional, both very similar in style.

We also looked at West Elm's Andes collection - not quite the same style, but the Andes Terminal Chaise Sectional came in the configuration we like with the extended chaise. And it was considerably less expensive.

The jollene was on our list too, but we weren't fans of the fabric choics available.

We came across a few others like the Bryden online, but we were only considering pieces we could see irl at stores 8n our area. But we actually found the Bryden after google image searching a picture of the Ethan Allen couch! So that may be worth a shot, esp if you're willing to order online

Linda Hi thanked Brian Reese
  • Linda Hi
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Brian you and I have the exact same taste. I also came across these that you mentioned. I love the Bryden, and still do after looking at the photos for the past few months. I ended up getting a custom couch from Monarch sofas that looks exactly like the Bryden! I went this route to select a dog friendly fabric and customize a seat that's a bit shallower. I now wish it was a deeper by a couple inches haha but it's still quite comfy! How do you like your purchase??

• Brian Reese
    4 years ago

They gave us 12 week delivery estimate (ouch), so we have a while to wait. But I'll let you know!

• porters5
    4 years ago

So, What do you think of the Bryden sofa? I have been looking for months and this is the one that I really like. Its way more than I originally wanted to spend. Is it worth the money?

• Brian Reese
    3 years ago

We love it! It's a beautiful couch, and super comfortable. Even though it was definitely more than we wanted to spend at the time, we have no regrets at all having owned the couch for about 5 months now.

P.S. I don't think I noted it above, but we were able to customize the fabric when we ordered at no extra charge (there was a promotion at the time). When we saw it in person, neither my wife or I were big fans of the texture on the fabric that comes with the sofa. We have a similar (very light colored) performance fabric, which seems to be holding up great so far despite a 2 1/2 yo :)

• Jodi Doe
    3 years ago

Which performance fabric did you choose? I’m also considering the Bryden and like the Jennings Cement which is shown IRL at the Galleria in Edina, MN. Thanks in advance!

• Angela Soldner
    3 years ago

I like the Bryden, too. And no other style is quite the same as this one. I think I'll be ordering the sofa + daybed in a charcoal leather. Did it take the full 12 weeks to arrive? Now they're saying 18 to 20 weeks (due to the Pandemic, I suppose).

• Suzi Marman Hanks
    2 years ago

I waited 8 looong months for mine. It is gorgeous, and comfortable.. BUT.. 5 months in and the cushion I usually sit it.. my “spot” is starting to flatten. I’m not sure what, if anything, they will do. I’m calling tomorrow.

• Leslie Cook
    2 years ago

Linda, I am curious about your experience with Monarch. Do you have any photos of the couch you purchased? We are in the same boat, but the Bryden is about 6 inches too wide for our space so we are considering other options

• Robin
    last year
    last modified: last year

I am looking at the Bryden now, but have also considered (and bought, but have 24 hours to change my mind) Interior Define's Ms. Chesterfield which is a bit cheaper. It is tufted and a sectional/chaise, but doesn't have all the back pillows the Bryden does. In person it does not appear that the seat is as flat as it does here. Comes in great colors. Any thoughts?

a

• Kenza A
    10 months ago

anyone have issues with the back cushions losing shape/looking deflated? Not happy how ours looks like now