Home Sweet Home

irma

I have not been here since October, I think. I was very ill and landed in the hospital. Living alone, I could not go home to recuperate. While looking into options for assistance, my dear friend insisted I come stay with her in her lovely home. I enjoyed the beautiful surroundings and being waited on and pampered.

I have been home since Monday and it feels so good to be back in my humble home and to have internet. Even when my husband was alive and we went on vacations, I felt that way. There is no place like home.

SaveComment23Like15
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sprtphntc7a

So True!! Glad you recovered and had a wonderful friend to help you along the way!! Enjoy being home!!!

Save    
Elizabeth

Welcome back! I had noticed you hadn't been here in a while. Glad to hear your health is improved. I know what you mean about Home Sweet Home. Whenever we return and I walk in my door I feel that way! My house is just perfect for me.

Save    
sweet_betsy No AL Z7

Yes, home sweet home, but to have a friend like that is a wonderful blessing.

3 Likes Save    
pudgeder

Welcome home, Irma!

What a blessing to have a dear friend to help you. Good to see you back at the table!

Save    
sjerin

We're glad you're back! You're a lucky girl to have such a nice friend; I'm glad it worked out well for you. I hope you can take it easy, until you've completely recovered. :)

Save    
glenda_al

So nice to have you back. It's always good to get home and sleep in your own surroundings.

3 Likes Save    
georgysmom2

My sentiments exactly. My DH keeps telling me the reason we go away is so we can appreciate what we have. Well, I do appreciate what I have and would prefer to stay and enjoy it. :-)))

What a wonderful friend you have! Glad you are feeling better. I know what it's like to have a prolonged illness. This past summer was not the best for me. Nothing serious so I don't like to complain. Just an inconvenience. Spent a good part of it in my favorite chair. At least I was able to stay at home..

Welcome back and enjoy your surroundings.

Save    
OutsidePlaying

Glad to see you back and well enough to enjoy your own home again. It’s wonderful you had a good friend with a comfortable home to go to during your illness.

Save    
Bobbi

You must be feeling very blessed to be back in your home after your ordeal. Welcome back and do take it easy.

Save    
Lily316

There's no place like home. Well said.

Save    
bengardening

I feel the same way you do. My DH's brothers wife passed away and we were up in ND since last Friday. We left after the service today and when we got home I said I was glad we were home. He said me too.

Save    
desertsteph

" it feels so good to be back in my humble home and to have internet"

ain't that the truth! I was in the hospital in Aug for a week. Couldn't wait to get outa there. What a horrible place to be confined! I called it 'prison'. Horrible beds and food and a tiny TV way up on the wall across the room from my eyeballs... all I wanted to do was go home to my own bed, food, tv/computer and most of all - my furgirl! I'm sure she was so confused!

I'm glad you're back home now in your own home!

Save    
amylou321

Soooooo. True. We went on our first vacation ever this past summer. A cruise. I was so happy to get home and take a shower with decent water pressure again. Nothing like sleeping in YOUR bed, on YOUR sheets, and YOUR pillow. Bliss.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Save    
happy2b…gw

Welcome home and welcome back to the forum. Glad you are feeling better.

Save    
rockypointdog

Welcome home!

Save    
katlan

Welcome home. Welcome back. What a very good friend you have. That says a lot about you that your friend is willing to take you in and pamper you.

I'm glad you're feeling better!

1 Like Save    
chisue

Welcome back to your home and your internet 'home' here at the KT! I hope you will remember that you are still *recuperating* and not over-do.

Save    
yeonassky

So glad you are back. You were missed! Happy healing.

Save    
joyfulguy

It's great good news to hear that you're quietly rejoicing in being back home, Irma.

And how thankful you are to your friend for having given you such thoughtful care for those two months plus while you were recuperating.

Would you do us a favour, please? When you relate to that kindly friend again, please tell her that many of your cyber-friends here are deeply thankful for her generously offering you a place to stay and attentive care for that extended period when your need was great.

Good wishes for as much healing as possible as you proceed on your life's journey, Irma, and some prayers offered on your behalf.

ole joyful

1 Like Save    
lukkiirish

Oh, I couldn’t agree with you more Irma, there is no place like home, but what a wonderful friend you have to care for you like that. I’m glad you’re better and back with the group!

Save    
irma

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, my friend is a very kind caring person. If not for her, I would have remained in the hospital longer. Not once during my stay with her, did she make me feel unwanted or an imposition. I wish there was some way to repay her. I am truly blessed.

Save    
DawnInCal

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been so ill. What a wonderful friend you have; she sounds like a gem. You are right, though, there is no place like home and I am glad you are back at home and back at the KT!

Save    
nicole___

Welcome home...and...welcome back to the Kitchen Table.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Home Tech Make Home Sweet Home Even Sweeter With a Brewery Or Winery
New high-tech products make small-scale home beer and wine production easy and fun
Full Story
Homes Around the World My Houzz: Curator of Her Own Sweet Home
Avid collector Ramona Audrey has put her stamp of creativity on her shared rented house
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More