SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Dinner club-Newbie suggestions

rob333 (zone 7b)
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Yesterday, one of my lunch buddies at work asked if I was interested in joining her supper club she's forming. Heck ya I am! I love hanging out with her and all of her friends whether I know them or not, and the time we got together for nibbles and kayaking at her house, I really loved how relaxed it all was. We both live on the lake, at different marina areas. Anywho, I found this on PinchofYum website (there's additional good advice on her blog) and I agree with all that she says, but what are your suggestions about dinner/supper clubs, personal experiences, etc.?

Basic Steps for Starting a Dinner Club:

1. Choose the invitees. At this point you are the organizer, so you are the one to pick the invite list. Ideally these are people who love food. Anywhere from 6-10 people is a good number, but an odd number works too – we have 7 people in our dinner club. Ours is a girls-only club (my “girls” dilemma resurfaces once again but I really despise the term “ladies-only” so just let me have this one), but mixed company would be awesome, too.
  2. Choose who will host. This can be a set location or it can rotate. As the event organizer, I’ve found it easiest to host at my own house. I have probably the smallest house of all of us, but I’m the only one of us who doesn’t have kids, which makes the logistics of a late dinner party a little more manageable. So in our dinner club, I host almost every time.
  3. Choose your menu. In our dinner club, the host (me!) makes the main dish, so I often determine the direction of the menu. Once I send out the “it’s Taco Night!” text, everyone else chimes in saying what they’re bringing. Our main categories are: Appetizer, Drinks, Main Dish, Salad, Bread/Carbs, and Dessert. It really depends on the night, but usually most people show up with their recipes already made. We eat apps and have drinks while putting finishing touches on recipes, and then dinner is served!
  4. Repeat. Send out the email inviting everyone back! Repeat indefinitely.

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH