SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodi_socal

Food for book club meetings (Me Talk Pretty One Day)

Jodi_SoCal
17 years ago

I'm in a book group of ten women. We like to choose food to serve at the meeting that has some relevant significance to the book we read that month. June is my meeting month and David Sedaris' Me Talk Pretty One Day is the book. I for the life of me, cannot think of a single "relevant" thing to serve.

It really doesn't matter how much or how little relevant food is served at the meeting, some gals serve entire dinners, some have the meeting in a restaurant and others just offer snacks but there is usually some tie-in with the book.

There is a thick book called The Book Club Cook Book by Judy Gelman and Vicki Levy Krupp that is filled with recipes and "food for thought" for over 100 books. Unfortunately Sedaris' book is not one of them.

Any suggestions on what to serve? FYI: in the past when I couldn't find a food that had significance, I would give a small gift in addition to some light snacks, so if you can offer inexpensive gift ideas instead, please feel free. My meeting isn't until the end of June. Thanks!

Jodi-

Comments (9)