SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robertgoulet

are higher end ovens about the tech?

robertgoulet
5 years ago

in looking at wall ovens...I seem to be finding that the more expensive/higher end ovens are really pushing their technology as much as anything else.

As someone who enjoys cooking, I dont find that technology that "cooks for me" is very appealing.

I like technology that helps, and was excited to get my first "smart" meat thermometer for christmas...(really helped with our tenderloin that night!) but in looking for example at the kitchenaid vs jennair ovens, the jennair is all about the fancy screen, and the higher you go with jennair the more fancy it gets to where you pick the item you want to cook, and how you want it to look and how big it is, and then the oven just does magic.

I watched a video where an appliance store was demo-ing a miele steam oven and it was a similar story, they have every food known to man listed, you pick the food and how you want it cooked, and it makes stuff happen.

Am I going to wind up fighting with the fancy tech on a higher end oven if I just want to "manually" configure it? Am I being a grouchy old "get off my lawn" clint eastwood by not welcoming all the technoogy in the oven? Or is this just the name of the game, and when you buy a more expensive oven (say a jennair vs a kitchenaid, or high end jenn-air vs lower model) you're getting a lot of other improvements, and you just have to accept the tech that comes with them?

Comments (8)