SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
heather5551212

Fridge questions - higher end home

Heather
7 years ago

Hi - I know the Monogram vs Sub Zero debate has been seriously debated ad nauseum, but I have a few questions. We just moved into our shabby family home from the 80s and have to redo the kitchen. In my last house, I had a standalone monogram fridge that was 10 years old (it's the same one as the "smart" fridge on the sci Fi show Eureka). It did 10k worth of damage to my kitchen that GE insurance did eventually pay for. The service technician said it was a Profile with fancy trim and stainless. Are the new monograms still just fancy profiles? If so, it doesn't justify the cost certainly. Also, the sub zero filter that supposedly keeps the food fresher, longer - does this work or is it like the monogram's fast thaw drawer feature? I'm asking because my household has some irrational food issues and this could potentially save me a lot of money in thrown out food. I don't need water, but do need an ice maker. The sub zero is actually looking like a bargain to me. I hope they don't leak like my monogram did.

Comments (19)