SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
designingforfun

How much variation of pattern is normal in Marble, Calacatta

Mamaof4
5 years ago
Hello all,
I ordered 200 sq frond Calacatta marble tiles from a local vendor. I was expecting variation and prepared that it may not look like showroom display due to batch variations, but I feel these tiles are all so different. I asked the store and they assure me they are all from the same lot.
My question for those of you who have worked with Calacatta...is this how it normally comes out?

I see these pics on Houzz and Pinterest where the marble is more evenly veined. I feel like I was given a mismatch of batches. I also have 3 time more plain white tiles then the pattern.
These tiles will be cut 6x12 for a shower and wainscoting wall. I’m wondering if I should fight back harder to exchange them? Or will they look ok once they are cut? Would you request the first batch be switched out?

I did order additional 160sq feet and that lot was more cohesive- that is last pic. That is when I become more concerned. Why was the first order so mixed up and second order more evening mixed with less white tile.

Comments (28)